HAZARDOUS MATERIAL SPILL RESPONSE
1) Indentify spill source and stop further loss. Look for labels or placards
2) Contain – prevent material from spreading, especially into bodies of water or storm drains.
3) Notify- Plant Operations and Public Safety
4) Stay away from the spill. If possible, get upwind of the spill.
1) If spill is five gallons or less of petroleum or 1 gallon or less of chemicals and has not gotten into waterway/storm drain: Clean up spill, record incident. Notify Public Safety
2) If spill is larger and/or gets into a body of water or storm drain: Contact appropriate clean up vendor (see below) and contact Public Safety.
3) For a large, dangerous or uncontrollable spill- Call 911.
1) Phoenix Environmental- 864-4200
2) Fenley and Nicol Environmental- 586-4900
1) No smoking or electrical devices. The fumes may be explosive. Get well away from the spill before you use your cell phone.
2) Call for help. Contact Fire and Public Safety at 451-4242