To serve and protect the college community by providing and creating a safe environment within our capabilities contributing to the overall Suffolk County Community College mission. We are committed to the educational process and overall well-being of all individuals interacting with our college and department.
- To provide high quality safety services to the campus community.
- To maintain high standard of personal and professional ethics.
- To embrace the importance of consultation, teamwork and open discussion with campus constituencies on comprehensive safety.
- Practice prevention with all safety goals.
- To appreciate and value diversity within the College.
- We provide safety oversight to all 5 campuses 24/7, with 44 full-time officers, 3 campus Captains, an Assistant Director of Public Safety and Environmental Health, and the Director of Fire and Public Safety.
- We respond to all law enforcement calls and maintain facility safety. In 2011 we implemented an email system that allows us to know the nature of all 911 calls pertaining to our campus through Suffolk County 911 central dispatching for the Ammerman and Grant campuses. The Eastern Campus relies on the Southampton town 911 system, the Culinary Arts Center relies on the Riverhead town 911 system.
FOR EMERGENCIES CALL 911
TO CONTACT CAMPUS PUBLIC SAFETY 24/7 CALL 631.451.4242