SCCC Notice: For Tuesday 1/27 and Wednesday 1/28 all day and evening classes and activities for all campuses are cancelled.
- Bring your immunization records with you when you travel to the United States. New York State Law requires that you demonstrate proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella as a condition of your attendance at SCCC.
- It is strongly recommended that you purchase health insurance to cover any illness or medical condition that occurs during your study in the United States.
Arrival in the United States:
- You may not arrive in the United States earlier than 30 days prior to the start date indicated on the I-20 form.
- You must have the I-20 form and original financial documentation sealed in an envelope marked for presentation at port of entry.
- On the plane, you should complete the form I-94 Arrival/Departure record.
- At the port of entry, you will be required to present your passport, valid visa, I-94 and the sealed envelope containing the I-20 form and financial documentation to the immigration inspector.
- The immigration inspector will determine your eligibility for admission into the United States by inspecting the documents presented. If you are found admissible, the immigration inspector will:
- stamp the I-94 (both parts), and passport;
- log your information into the SEVIS system;
- write the I-94 admission number on visa and I-20 form;
- write F-1 D/S (duration of status) on the I-94 and I-20 form;
- separate the I-94 and staple the departure record on the page opposite the visa in your passport; and
- return passport, I-20 form and original financial documents to you.