- Students must inform the International Student Counselor that they are in the U.S., and make an appointment to meet with the counselor (see contact information below). Students must bring in their passport, Form I-94, F-1 Visa, SEVIS Form I-20, and immunization records.
- Schedule and take the college placement tests (see contact information below). The college website offers information about the College Placement Test (CPT) for prospective students. Refer to: Placement Testing.
- Applicants enrolling in the Intensive English Program (IEP) need to schedule a placement test with the English as a Second Language office of your home campus upon arrival (see contact information below). Do not schedule to take the College Placement Test.
- Meet with an academic counselor to select your courses to prepare to register.
- Register for full-time course of study (a minimum of 12 credits must be completed each semester or a certified full-time language program).
- Pay your tuition and fees.
- Obtain a student ID card.
- Attend a College general orientation program. The orientation has been set up to familiarize you with Suffolk County Community College.
- Buy your textbooks at the bookstore.
- Attend the MANDATORY International Student Orientation.
The mandatory F-1 Student Orientation is not the same as the College Orientation.
The International Student Office will contact you regarding the F-1 Student Orientation.
International Student Office
Ammerman Campus: Phone: (631) 451-4773
Fax: (631) 451-4708
College Placement Testing
Ammerman Campus: Phone: (631) 451-4052
Eastern Campus: (631) 548-2500
Michael J. Grant Campus: (631) 851-6244
Ammerman Campus: Phone: (631) 451-4859
Eastern Campus: (631) 548-2645
Michael J. Grant Campus: (631) 851-6519