- Inform the International Student Counselor that you are in the country, and make an appointment to see the counselor. Bring in your passport, I-94, Visa, I-20 form and immunization records.
- Schedule and take the college placement tests. Search the college website for details regarding the college placement test.
- Meet with an academic counselor to prepare to register.
- Register for full-time course of study (a minimum of 12 credits must be completed each semester).
- Pay your tuition and fees.
- Obtain a student ID card.
- Attend an orientation program. These have been set up to familiarize you with Suffolk County Community College.
- Buy your text books at the bookstore.
NOTE: F-1 transfer students must obtain and sign a new I-20 within 15 days of beginning attendance.