About Career Services
The Career Services and Cooperative Education area offers employers a variety of ways to connect with Suffolk students. From on campus recruitment to hosting employer events, employer representatives can participate in workshops, employer panels as well as career/job fairs. Each campus offers a variety of programs. A special attraction for many employers is the ability to partner with Suffolk in our cooperative education and internship programs. To further explore these options, employers should contact the Career Services office and ask for personal assistance.
For those employers looking to hire Suffolk students, employers can register with Suffolk’s Job Connection, a free online job listing database, and advertise their job opportunities to students on all three campuses. When posting jobs, be sure to read the Employer Guidelines below before submitting any job information to the Career Services offices.
New Employers – New employers need to visit Suffolk’s Job Connection and click on New Employers and create an employer profile. Once you complete an Employer Profile using your email address and newly created password then you can post as many jobs as you would like. Keep in mind that this program is based on complete and accurate information. We believe that our students can make better and more informed career decisions if they have complete information.
Registered Employers – Employers who have been using our services and are registered with Suffolk‘s Job Connection can receive personal assistance by contacting the Selden Career Services Office at 631-451-4049 for assistance.
All employers registering for Suffolk's Job Connection must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Job openings must be submitted directly by the hiring employer (i.e., jobs from employment agencies or other third party employers will not be accepted).
- All jobs listed must comply with EEO/AA guidelines below.
- All jobs listed must be in compliance with any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
- Jobs that are commission only, contract based, and/or require up-front fees must be clearly stated on the job listing entry.
- Jobs which require recruitment of other members as the primary source of income (i.e., pyramid schemes) will not be accepted.
- All jobs performed in private homes will not be listed online.
- All jobs in the political arena should be in established offices.
- Positions posted as co-op and internships offering college credit may be approved for posting. However, all college credit offerings are determined by the college and not the employers. By posting these positions on Suffolk's Job Connection, the Career Services office does not necessarily approve or recommend these positions.
- Information contained in Suffolk's Job Connection shall not be used by outside vendors for any other purposes, such as solicitation, chain letters, etc.
- All jobs are subject to review, edit and approval by the career services staff.
EEO/AA Guidelines The Career Services and Cooperative Education Offices at Suffolk County Community College is an equal employment/affirmative action institution and shall not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, national origin, or handicap, except as such conditions may constitute bona fide occupational or assignment qualifications.
Note: Suffolk County Community College does not guarantee that a job will be filled or that the employer will get a response. Suffolk's Career Services and Cooperative Education staff reserves the right to reject any job or remove any listing that contains inaccurate or inappropriate information. Furthermore, the Career Services offices maintains a non-partisan position.
On Campus Recruiting
On campus recruiting may be available at certain times of the year at each campus during the full academic semesters. Contact your local Career Services office for more information.
Employers interested in establishing a partnership with Suffolk for cooperative education and internship opportunities should contact the Career Services offices and ask for personal assistance. Internships and co-op opportunities are offered in connection with several of our own cooperative education and internship courses. Students interested in participating will be looking for a variety of experiences to enhance or explore their major.
Each campus Career Services office offers employers an opportunity to come on campus and participate in a fair that affords students an opportunity to get to know your company and the type of jobs you have to offer.
Suffolk County Community College is an equal employment/affirmative action institution and shall not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, national origin, or handicap, except as such conditions may constitute bona fide occupational or assignment qualifications.