Registrar Frequently Asked Questions

  Your home campus Registrar's Office.
  Enrollment Certification Request Form
  To change your name, address, telephone number, curriculum or Social Security Number, complete the Records Change Form and bring to your campus Registrar's Office.
  Records Change Form
  Course descriptions are available in the College Catalog or Catalog Supplement, or can be found through Programs of Study.
  Course Search
  You are encouraged to discuss your degree requirements with your academic advisor or counselor. After you file the application for graduation, the Central Records Office will conduct a final evaluation of your transcript.
  Graduation Procedures
  Most enrollment and registration related forms are available in the campus Registrar's Office, or can be accessed through one of our kiosks or through the appropriate section of the Registrar's Web site.
  Registrar Services
  Unofficial (student) copies of transcripts are available through MySCCC or at any campus Registrar's Office. For official transcripts: download or submit an official transcript request by accessing the link below. You may also obtain the form at any campus Registrar's Office. Note: A $15 official transcript fee must be paid at the campus Cashier's Office. Please allow four (4) weeks for processing.
  Requesting an Official Transcript
  You should arrange to have official transcripts from prior institutions forwarded to the Central Admissions Office. For an unofficial determination of how your credit might transfer to Suffolk, see the Transfer Evaluations Tables.
  Transfer Evaluations Tables
  Yes. Although you must designate one campus as your home campus, you are free to register and attend classes at any of our three campuses. Credits accumulated at any of our campuses will be reflected on your Suffolk County Community College transcript.

Sufficient time for travel must be considered when registering for classes on multiple campuses. For example, 40 minutes from Grant and Ammerman or East and Ammerman, and one hour between Grant and East.
  The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act is a federal mandate that insures the privacy of, and your right to inspect, your student records. Additional information is available through the Notice of Student Privacy Rights.
  Notice of Student Privacy Rights
  To officially withdraw from courses, fill out the course withdrawal form below and return it to any campus Registrar's Office. Note: Failure to attend classes or informing the instructor of withdrawal is not an official withdrawal. If withdrawing from all courses and receiving financial aid, you must see a Financial Aid counselor.
  Withdrawal from College
  The college will place a hold on your records and/or registration because of money owed, incomplete immunization records, academic standing or public safety violations. Access View Holds in MySCCC to see your holds and the appropriate office(s) to contact.