SCCC Enrollment Services Offices will be open Saturdays: January 21 and 28 from 8:30 am -12:30 pm. These hours are in addition to our standard office hours.
If you are interested in learning more about cooperative education or internship opportunities, you should:
- Email: Internships@sunysuffolk.edu to express your interest or to have questions answered. Be sure to include your name, school ID# number and your area of interest. You will be instructed via email how to proceed once your information has been reviewed.
- Visit the Career Services and Cooperative Education Office on your home campus to:
- discuss areas of interest, prior work experience, academic background, availability, etc.
- learn about workshops and sessions to assist in preparation for program; schedule the day and time that works for you
- review positions currently available as well as other potential opportunities
- review eligibility requirements (note that GPA and credit requirements vary by program)
- review your SAIN report to see how credit earned can be applied to your degree
- If you are interested in a cooperative education internship placement, you will then:
- submit a completed application to participate in the program
- register for the appropriate co-op/internship course to receive academic credit
- develop and provide a copy of your résumé to your home campus office
- To complete a cooperative education/internship experience for credit, you will:
- enroll in the appropriate Cooperative Education and Internship class
- pursue placement through your home campus office until appropriate employer is found
- sign an agreement with the co-op/internship site, faculty member and Career Services/Cooperative Education representative
- attend and actively participate in class or online
- schedule and complete hours at work site (note that required hours are course specific)
- submit time logs
- complete student assessment
Last revised: 9/19/2013
Comments on this webpage, contact: Webmaster