PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the meeting of the Board of Trustees of Suffolk County Community College, scheduled for February 18, 2016, has been CANCELLED.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that this meeting has been RESCHEDULED for Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. in the Alumni Room of the Brookhaven Gymnasium, Ammerman Campus, 533 College Road, Selden, New York.
If you are interested in learning more about cooperative education or internship opportunities, you should:
- Email: Internships@sunysuffolk.edu to express your interest or to have questions answered. Be sure to include your name, school ID# number and your area of interest. You will be instructed via email how to proceed once your information has been reviewed.
- Visit the Career Services and Cooperative Education Office on your home campus to:
- discuss areas of interest, prior work experience, academic background, availability, etc.
- learn about workshops and sessions to assist in preparation for program; schedule the day and time that works for you
- review positions currently available as well as other potential opportunities
- review eligibility requirements (note that GPA and credit requirements vary by program)
- review your SAIN report to see how credit earned can be applied to your degree
- If you are interested in a cooperative education internship placement, you will then:
- submit a completed application to participate in the program
- register for the appropriate co-op/internship course to receive academic credit
- develop and provide a copy of your résumé to your home campus office
- To complete a cooperative education/internship experience for credit, you will:
- enroll in the appropriate Cooperative Education and Internship class
- pursue placement through your home campus office until appropriate employer is found
- sign an agreement with the co-op/internship site, faculty member and Career Services/Cooperative Education representative
- attend and actively participate in class or online
- schedule and complete hours at work site (note that required hours are course specific)
- submit time logs
- complete student assessment
Last revised: 9/19/2013
Comments on this webpage, contact: Webmaster