How Do I Comply

Complying with Immunization Requirements

If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you will not be permitted to register for classes until your proof of immunization has been submitted and approved by the Health Services Office.
  1. Obtain a stamped copy of your health records from any of the following sources:
    • the Guidance Office or Health Office at your high school
    • the Health Office at your previous college
    • your family physician
    • your military health and immunization records
    • your employee health records
  2. Take the Certificate of Immunization (page 2) to your doctor or clinic for additional immunizations if any of the following apply:
    • you cannot obtain a copy of your health records for any reason (or)
    • your health records show that you received only one measles immunization (or)
    • your health records show that your immunizations were given before 1968 for measles or before 1969 for mumps or rubella
  3. Submit your health records or completed Certificate of Immunization (page 2), along with your completed Health History Form (page 3), to the Health Services Office on your home campus. If you have served in the military in the past 10 years, bring your discharge papers and your medical records (if available) as well.

Free Immunization Clinics

The Suffolk County Department of Health Services periodically offers free immunization clinics.
Call (631) 854-0333 for information and directions to: 

Suffolk County Department of Health Services
3500 Sunrise Highway – Suite 124
PO Box 9006
Great River NY 11739-9006

Free immunization clinics are also held on Suffolk's three campuses during the fall and spring enrollment periods.