Welcome to Suffolk!Suffolk County Community College has a long history of assisting veterans not only in maximizing their benefits, but also in supporting a successful transition to college life and achieving their educational and personal goals. Suffolk embraces the leadership skills and many other unique qualities military service members bring to our institution. With Veterans’ Clubs on each of our three campuses our student Veterans play a vital role in our tri-campus community.
With a wide variety of programs: associate degrees and shorter-term certificates in many career and transfer programs as well as extensive workforce training and development programs, SCCC stands ready to serve our returning Veterans.
Here are some more key points on how choosing SCCC will benefit you:
- Reasonable tuition: As a unit of the State University of New York (SUNY), our tuition cost falls within the guidelines for the tuition cost cap established by the VA
- Although we are the largest multi-campus community college in SUNY, we offer small class sizes
- In-state tuition rates for all Veterans
- Liberal withdrawal policy for military activations and deployments
- Tuition Payment Plan fee waived for Veterans
- Workforce training: Through our Advanced Manufacturing Training Center (AMTC) you can receive immediate training, gain national credentials and work-ready skills in areas including advanced welding, machining, quality control, mechanical assembly, blueprint reading and more
Your service to our country is greatly appreciated!
New for Fall 2012 … Welding Program
Click here for more info on Welding and other Manufacturing Courses
This 136 hour course provides an opportunity for American Welding Society (AWS) certification and is eligible for certification under VA Educational Benefits as Non College Degree Program (NCD)
New Educational Benefits for Unemployed Vets ages 35 – 60
Click here for exciting news from the VA and the Department of Labor regarding this new benefit!