In alignment with the published Middle States Self-Study timeline, the College's Middle States Steering Committee is pleased to present the college community with the current draft of the 2017-2018 Self-Study Report. The Self-Study Report provides our accrediting body with evidence of Suffolk County Community College's institutional compliance with the seven Middle States Standards:
- Mission and Goals
- Ethics and Integrity
- Design and Delivery of the Student Learning Experience
- Support of the Student Experience
- Educational Effectiveness Assessment
- Planning, Resources, and Institutional Improvement
- Governance, Leadership and Administration
In addition, the report summarizes our strengths in each area and provides the opportunity to share recommendations that would further enhance the institution. Please note that the Self-Study is not yet finalized and is still in the editing and refining stages. However, at this point in the process, it is important to get community feedback on how well the document addresses the institution’s three intended outcomes for the Self-Study. They are:
- Demonstrate that the College meets or exceeds expectations of compliance with MSCHE’s seven standards for accreditation and requirements of affiliation.
- Evaluate the College’s progress in achieving our six institutional goals in relation to the overall strategic plan.
- Demonstrate our advancement in enhancing and maintaining a culture of ongoing assessment of student achievement and institutional and educational effectiveness, student support programs, and planning and effective resource allocation, and the use of assessments in decision making.
The report is the result of the 1½-year-long work of the Self-Study working groups and writing committee. This phase of the self-study process provides faculty, staff, and students an opportunity to review and provide guided feedback on the content of the report. After reviewing the Self-Study, we ask that you please take a moment to respond to the survey questions that align with the institution’s intended outcomes. To review the report and provide feedback click on the link below:Self-Study Draft
A link to the survey appears on the last page of the Self-Study report and is one of the bookmarks, so it is easily found.
The report and survey will be posted and available for your access until Tuesday, October 3, 2017. After that date, editing will continue by taking into consideration feedback received from the college community.
This document is the culmination of extraordinary efforts made by over one hundred individuals, including the Middle States Steering Committee, the working groups that were assigned to examine the specific standards, and members of the faculty, administration, and student body. We would like to extend sincere thanks to all who contributed their invaluable time, effort, and expertise in bringing this important project to fruition. In addition we thank you in advance for taking the time to provide us with your review and feedback.