- Students must bring their immunization records with them when traveling to the United
States. New York State Law requires that you demonstrate proof of immunity against
measles, mumps, and rubella as a condition of your attendance at SCCC.
- It is strongly recommended that students purchase health insurance to cover any illness
or medical condition that can occur during the student's study in the United States.
Arrival in the United States:
- You may not arrive in the United States earlier than 30 days prior to the program
start date indicated on the SEVIS Form I-20.
- You must have the SEVIS Form I-20 and original financial documentation sealed in an
envelope marked for presentation at port of entry.
- On the plane, you should complete the Form I-94 Arrival/Departure record.
- At the port of entry, you will be required to present your passport, valid visa, Form
I-94 and the sealed envelope containing the SEVIS Form I-20 and financial documentation
to the immigration inspector.
- The immigration inspector will determine your eligibility for admission into the United
States by inspecting the documents presented. If you are found admissible, the immigration
- Stamp the passport;
- Log your information into the SEVIS system; and
- Return passport, SEVIS Form I-20, and original financial documents to you.