How to Register for a CLEP Exam
CLEP Test Registration Procedures
All three steps must be completed PRIOR to registration.
- Complete the CLEP Registration Form (please type or print clearly). The application is available for download from http://www.collegeboard.com/clep.
- Include a $40 money order payable to “Suffolk County Community College.” This non-refundable fee must accompany your registration form and only a money order is accepted.
- Create your on-line CLEP account and pay the $85 CLEP fee. Go to http://www.collegeboard.com/clep and log in to the My Account registration portal. Print two copies of your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket—which includes your voucher ID number. Attach one copy to your registration form and bring the other copy to your exam.
For CLEP application, you may click on Registration Form.
CLEP Test Registration Information
- Due to limited seating, we recommend early registration for testing dates. Please include a second test date choice on your application.
- You may only take one test per testing date.
- Please adhere to application "due dates." Applications received after due date are subject to an additional $20 charge payable to "Suffolk County Community College."
- A confirmation letter will be e-mailed to exam applicants approximately one week prior to exam date.
- There will be a $20 fee to reschedule an exam.
You may mail or bring registration materials to:
Suffolk County Community College
CLEP Testing Office
Ammerman Building, Room 101
533 College Road, Selden, NY 11784
- You will not be given credit at Suffolk for a CLEP exam if you previously passed the course at Suffolk or received transfer credit for that course.
- The College Composition Modular exam cannot be used for credit at SCCC.
- Check with other institutions for their CLEP acceptance policy.