Frequently Asked Questions

  Nearly half of this country's college students enroll in a community college. After transferring to a four-year college, the majority will perform better academically than the students who started at four-year colleges.
  You can apply online or you can download the application and mail it. You will need to submit a non-refundable application fee of $40 along with your application. You must also submit your high school final transcript and your immunization records.
  Absolutely! Suffolk's course credits are accepted at virtually every four-year college and university in the country. Students who complete a transfer degree program (A.A. or A.S.) will generally find that all their courses are accepted for transfer credit. Students who complete a specialized degree program (A.A.S.) or who transfer before completing a degree will generally have their courses evaluated for transfer credit on a course-by-course basis.
  Yes. Suffolk competes in Region XV of the NJCAA (National Junior College Athletics Association). Suffolk offers intercollegiate baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross-country, golf, soccer, tennis and volleyball for men. Women compete in basketball, cheerleading, cross-country, equestrian, softball, tennis and volleyball.
  Students have the opportunity to gain leadership skills by getting involved with student government, Campus Activity Board, the student newspaper and literary magazine, as well as an array of almost 90 clubs and organizations.
  The average class size at Suffolk County Community College is 30 to 40 students. This is unlike the lecture hall environment at many four-year colleges and universities that often have 200 to 400 students in each class.
  Yes. We have disability specialists on each campus. Students have the option of self-reporting their disability when applying to the college. We contact students with disabilities before they enroll to assure that they have the appropriate individualized assistance.
  Yes, child care is available on the Ammerman Campus and the Michael J. Grant Campus for children from six weeks to five years of age.
  Yes, if you have achieved college-level learning in your life and work activities, you may receive credit. Life experience credit is assessed by the college by means of examinations and portfolio evaluation.
  Yes, you can! Suffolk can help you in one of several ways. Take a look at the special information for students without a high school diploma on this website.
  Never! You will find students of all ages and interests attending SCCC, and there are plenty of people here to help you get started.
  Yes, even if you attended another college, have your transcripts from both college and high school sent to Suffolk County Community College Central Admissions Office, Annex Building, Room 111, 533 College Road Selden, NY 11784-2899
  We have many students currently working on campus. Some qualify for the College Work Study program; others can work as student ambassadors. Students also find employment in offices on all three campuses.
  If you want to change your curriculum, you will need to fill out a Reactivation Request form that is available at the Campus Registrar's Office.
  Being undecided and searching for a career can be exciting but scary. Try telling yourself that you are just beginning your journey into discovering who you are, what you want to do, and where you want to go. While the answers may not come easily, you can begin by making full use of the resources available to you at Suffolk. Start by checking out the Career Planning Process in this Web site. Then, make an appointment with a career counselor to learn more about your interests, values, and abilities and discuss your educational and career plans.
  Career Planning Process
  The career services/cooperative education office on your campus can help in a variety of ways. Professional staff is available to discuss your qualifications, skills, interests, and general career direction. They can help you focus in on the type of job you are looking for and make you aware of appropriate job opportunities. In addition, they can help you develop your skills in such areas as resume writing, interviewing, and job search strategies.
  A wonderful way to gain experience related to your major is through a cooperative education or internship program. These programs offer you an opportunity to gain work experience in your field of study, earn academic credit, and, in the case of cooperative education, even get paid. Check out the Cooperative Education and Internship section for additional information.
  Cooperative Education and Internships
  You can find employment on campus in one of several ways. First, if you qualify for financial aid and have been given a Federal Work-Study award, you will be able to find a position in a campus office or department. You can also contact the private vendors who run the bookstore and the cafeteria and apply for a part-time job directly through them. In addition, it is not uncommon for academic departments, learning centers, and administrative offices to hire students, either as tutors or student aides. Check with your campus Career Service for more information.
  The professional staff in the career services/cooperative education office can help you develop a résumé that presents your education, skills, and experiences in the best possible light. Whether you are looking for a job now or just want to update your résumé for future use, it's best to give it that marketable edge. Check out the résumé links in the Conducting your Job Search section, and then schedule an appointment to meet with us today.
  Conducting your Job Search
  You may ask questions at any campus Cashier's Office, or you may refer to other portions of this Web site. Cashier's Offices are located in the Ammerman Building at the Ammerman campus, Caumsett Hall at the Grant campus and the Peconic Building at the Eastern campus.
  Payment is the final step in registration. Your registration is complete only if you have done the following:
  1. fully paid your tuition and fees;
  2. joined the Tuition Payment Plan (TPP);
  3. arranged for an approved third party to cover your charges;
  4. made specific arrangements to settle your account with the college; OR
  5. confirmed your attendance on the Web if your financial aid covered your entire balance.
  Late registration begins one week prior to the first day of the session. If you register late you will be charged a $30.00 late fee.
  In order to start classes, you must do one of the following by your payment due date:
  • pay your total balance due; or
  • sign up for the Tuition Payment Plan which requires you to pay a fee plus one-third of your tuition; or
  • if financial aid covers all of your tuition, confirm your attendance on the Web no later than the due date on your bill.
  You must pay your bill by the due date printed on the bill. Otherwise, you will lose your schedule.
  • Use the My SCCC icon above; or
  • by mail, to the address indicated on the bill; or
  • at any of the campus Cashier Offices.
      Cashier Offices
      If you qualify, the TPP allows you to pay your bill in three installments. You will be charged a $50.00 non-refundable fee to use the TPP. Students who miss the second and third payments are charged a $30.00 late fee for each missed payment. You can sign up for the TPP by mail, at the college Web site or by visiting any campus Cashier's Office.
      Tuition Payment Plan
      Students who owe the college more than the cost of three credits are allowed to use the TPP for the spring and fall semesters only. The TPP cannot be used for non-credit courses. The TPP rules are on the back of your bill. The front of the bill shows the amount you must pay to sign up for the TPP.
      Tuition Payment Plan
      You are responsible for ALL tuition and fee charges. Even if another (third) party has agreed to accept your entire liability, if they don't pay, you are still liable.
      You can use other funds to cover your tuition and fee payments if you have valid documentation. This documentation may include financial aid awards, scholarships, and agreements from third-party agencies who guarantee your payment. Documentation from the third-party agency which states that the agency will pay all or part of your bill must be brought to the Business Office. The campus business officer will make the determination to accept or reject the deferral. The college will accept a third-party agreement only if there are no grade or attendance conditions specified. If the third party doesn't pay the college, you are responsible for payment.
      If the balance printed on your bill says "$0" (zero) it means EITHER you paid your bill in full OR financial aid has fully covered your charges. If financial aid has covered your charges, then you must confirm your attendance on My SCCC no later than the due date listed on your bill.
      Access Your Records
      Your schedule will be cancelled.
      If your financial aid has been approved, your bill will reflect your award. If you received an award notice but there is no financial aid credit on your bill, you must contact your campus Financial Aid Office.
      Financial Aid Offices
      If an award was made, it will be posted to your account and will be reflected on your bill. If the award was not received in time, it will not appear on the bill. If you were notified that you received a scholarship and it is not appearing on your bill, you must contact the office that notified you of the scholarship.
      If your charges go down, a refund check will be mailed to you sometime after the third week of the semester. If your charges go up, you will receive a bill for additional monies owed.
      Refunds are determined by the start date of the session, not the date of the classes you take, the length of the class, and whether or not fees are refundable. Non-refundable fees are NOT refundable once school starts; refundable fees are.

    For classes more than eight weeks long, 100 percent of tuition and refundable fees are refunded before the start of the session. After that, 75 percent is refunded in the first seven calendar days (days 1-7); 50 percent is refunded in the next seven days (days 8-14); and 25 percent is refunded in the following seven (days 15-21) days. After that, there are no refunds.

    For classes eight weeks long or less, 100 percent is refunded before the start of class and 25 percent is refunded in the next seven calendar days (days 1-7). The only exception to this is for a class that is less than one week in length, where students must withdraw before the first meeting in order to receive a refund.

      Refund Policy
      No. Only some fees are refundable.
      Refund Policy
      You will be charged late payment fees of $30 each time you don't pay your bill. This can get expensive, so you are strongly advised to pay your bills. At the end of the semester, you will receive a final demand for payment letter. If you do not pay after receiving this notice, your account will be referred to the college's collection agency for action. In addition, you will have a hold placed on your records, and will be blocked from registering for a future semester.
      If your account is referred to a collection agency, your amount due will increase to cover the collection agency charges, fees, interest assessments and other costs associated with collection activity.
      Your child may be picked up only by the people that you have authorized in writing, and are listed in our files, to do so.
      Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided for all children by the center. We serve balanced, nutritious meals and snacks. Parents of infants may provide their own formula and baby food or choose to use ours.
      Our lunch is prepared by the campus cafeteria and transported in certified carriers to the center. Breakfast and snacks, which are usually foods that require no cooking (e.g., cereal, milk, fresh fruit, etc.), are provided by the center.
      Parents need to supply diapers (not pull-ups) for their child and a small box of wipes labeled with their child's name.
      All children in the group are required to go out together as part of the day's planned activities. We go outdoors to play every day except during rainy or frigid weather.
      Children who attend the center must be free of communicable disease and be able to fully participate in our program. Therefore, children who are sick must stay at home until well.
      Children are welcome to share books, tapes or curriculum materials with their friends; however, children should leave their toys at home. Infants and toddlers who are experiencing separation anxiety may bring something comforting from home to ease their transition.
      Our centers offer a complete program of daily activities designed to enhance the physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of each child in an age-appropriate environment.
      You should try to enroll your child as soon as you have registered for classes for the next semester. Children who are currently enrolled in our centers are given priority during the priority registration period. Following this two-week period, enrollment is on a first come, first served basis.
      Children under the age of three do not need to be toilet trained. When your child enters the older groups (i.e., 3-5 year olds), it is necessary to be toilet trained.
      Our centers always maintain the state-required ratios and often exceed what is required. In the infants and toddler rooms (i.e., children under the age of three), the ratio is 4:1, or 5:1 for a group of 10. In the older groups (i.e., 3-5 year olds), the ratio is 8:1.
      We make every effort to help parents customize their schedules in order to meet their educational and personal needs, although a three-hour per day minimum is required. Our goal is to work out a schedule that will help you succeed in your classes and graduate.
      The director has access to your schedule and will be able to contact you in class. If we are unable to contact you, we will call the emergency numbers that you have provided when enrolling your child. If there is an emergency and we cannot find you or your contacts, the director of the center will take the appropriate action as explained in the Parent's Handbook.
      Parent's Handbook
      All center staff are fingerprinted and cleared by the New York State Clearance Board. In addition, the director also carefully checks references from previous employment. New employees are on probation for the first six months, and all employees are supervised and evaluated on a regular basis.
      Although monetary compensation is appreciated, this program is meant to provide a learning experience while earning credit. The college is mindful of the guidelines for Fair Labor Standards for Internship Programs as established by the U.S. Department of Labor. Pay is determined by the employer and often depends on the level and type of skills required. Positions in many fields are unpaid. Always discuss pay before accepting any position.
      The majority of students work within a 20-mile radius of school or home, but it may be necessary for you to travel further for the experience that suits you best. Some students travel into NYC, to Florida for the Disney co-op, to Albany to work in the State Senate; we have had students as far as Sydney, Australia and Rabat, Morocco. The possibilities are endless, but only if you search them out.
      The co-ops/interns we offer are a reflection of what's going on in the world of work. They may be with large companies, home-based businesses, government, schools, or other non-profit organizations. The degree of responsibility varies with each placement, depending on the needs of the employer as well as the student's skills, maturity, and academic background. The description of your experience should be discussed before accepting the offer.
      The majority of students attending Suffolk are employed, so most of our students are in this same situation. Remember, since this is a credit-bearing course it is considered part of your course load; therefore, you can schedule the time needed as you would for any other course. Remember the time you spend in the field is in place of additional class time, research, testing etc. In addition, the employers who hire our co-op and internship students understand that being a student comes first so, except in certain situations, they are generally willing to work around your school schedule. Please be aware that blocks of time of 4-5 hours are preferred by most employers.
      The seminar gives students the opportunity to thoroughly evaluate the learning experience and their performance on the job, to develop workplace skills in such areas as communications and problem solving, and to learn from the experiences of their classmates. In addition it keeps students directly connected to a faculty member from the program and provides support for issues and as well as professional development.
      Class schedules differ for each program and campus and often change from one semester to the next. Check the schedule of classes for current days and times.
      It is best to speak to the co-op representative on your home campus, or area faculty in your curriculum, well before enrolling in a co-op program (i.e., during priority registration would be the perfect time). Some of the classes will be blocked for enrollment until you have emailed to Be sure to include your name, student ID number and the designated course. This prescreening assures you that you are eligible, that you are in the right seminar, and that the co-op representative will have ample time to work with you to find the right experience.
      Our students are often asked to stay on for part-time or full-time work after completing the program. Many employers and students use the cooperative education or internship placement as an opportunity to check each other out to see if a long-term commitment is desirable. Once you have completed the course requirements and the semester is over, it's up to you and the employer to discuss the terms of any future employment.
      No, it is your responsibility to find an outside agency or psychologist that is qualified to do any psychoeducational testing that may be needed. Contact the disability services counselor on your home campus for a referral list.
      Not automatically. Information about your disability or the services and accommodations you received in high school are not sent to Suffolk without your written authorization. Therefore, it is your responsibility to notify the disability services counselor that you are requesting accommodations, and then to provide the supporting documentation that is needed. After your documentation is reviewed, you will meet with the counselor to review the approved, reasonable and appropriate accommodations and services. You will be given a laminated letter to confirm your accommodations which must be shown to your professors in order to utilize the accommodations.
      There are no special classes for students with disabilities. In addition, while certain accommodations and adjustments in the academic program are possible, all students, regardless of disability, must satisfy the essential academic requirements of their specific courses as well as their programs of study.
      Special test-taking arrangements are limited to such things as extended time, a special location, an alternate testing format, use of a reader, etc. Proctors may not assist you with the content in any way.
      No, the specific details and any personal information about your disability are considered confidential. However, your instructors will be notified that you have a documented disability and are therefore entitled to receive certain services and accommodations. In addition, you will be asked to give the disability services counselor permission to discuss the general nature of your disability with faculty as it relates to your academic progress.
      Handicapped parking permits are available from your town office after showing proof of a physical disability and the necessary vehicle information. Temporary permits are also available from your town for disabilities lasting at least four weeks. For other temporary medical conditions that require special parking privileges, contact the Health Services Office on your home campus.
      No, the information regarding your disability is a confidential matter. Your professors will be notified by letter that you have a disability and are entitled to certain services and accommodations. We suggest that you meet privately with your professors during their office hours to discuss how these services and accommodations will be provided, and to discuss any additional details that may be important to your academic success.
      If you have been unsuccessful in trying to resolve the matter directly with the faculty member or other individual(s) involved, then you should contact the disability services counselor and/or the Dean of Student Services for an in-depth discussion of the situation. If the situation can still not be resolved to your satisfaction and you feel that your rights are being violated, you should contact the ADA compliance officer, the Executive Assistant to the President, for additional information about established grievance procedures.
    1. For fast results, file a Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically on the Web at If this is your first time filing the FAFSA you will need to get a FSA ID to sign your FAFSA application. If you are dependent your parent will also need to get a FSA ID.
    2. A reminder notice will be mailed to continuing or transfer students who applied previously.
    3. Be sure to include Suffolk County Community College as your college choice on the FAFSA.
      Your first step in applying for a student loan is filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). When the college receives your data from the Department of Education, some may be automatically awarded a Direct Loan. If your award package does not include a loan you can request a loan by filling out the "Loan Request/Adjustment Form" and submitting it to the campus Financial Aid Office. The form can be found on our site Select Financial Aid, next select Printable Forms, and there you will see the "Loan Request/Adjustment Form."

    It can be either a subsidized loan (interest is paid by Department of Education while you are in school) or an unsubsidized loan (interest is added to the loan once the loan is disbursed), or both. If you are awarded both and you want a student loan, you must accept the subsidized loan first as it is in your best interest. Once you receive your award letter you will need to log on to the college web site at and accept or decline the award offer. If you are a first-time borrower you will need to complete an Entrance Interview and sign an electronic Master Promissory Note (E-MPN) at Once you complete these tasks the college will be notified and your loan request will be sent to the Department of Education for approval.
      You can make corrections to your Student Aid Report on line at Enter the correct Title IV code: 002878 for the Ammerman Campus, 013204 for the Grant Campus, and 014153 for the Eastern Campus.
      You can now print your tax return transcript online. Just log on to and select under "Tools" - Get Transcript of your Tax Records - and follow the directions. If you are unable to print your tax return transcript you can call 1-800-908-9946 to request a copy.
      Please click on the link below "View Additional Information" to print out form 4506-T from the IRS website. Complete Lines 1-4 following instructions. Complete Line 7, select the checkbox on the right for Verification of non-filing. Complete Line 9, year or period request field for example 12/31/2015 for tax year 2015. Mail the 4506-T to the address: Internal Revenue Service, RAIVS Team, Stop 6705 P-6, Kansas City, MO 64999 Or fax it to: 855-821-0094
      View Additional Information
    1. From the College home page, log on to "MYSCCC" by entering your username and password.
    2. Click on the "Students" tab.
    3. Click the "Web Pay" icon.
    4. Choose the semester you are confirming.
    5. Follow the directions until you see a page indicating:
      "Congratulations." PRINT THIS PAGE FOR YOUR RECORDS.
    6. If you need assistance contact your campus Financial Aid Office or campus Business Office.
      After applying for financial aid with the FAFSA you will receive an email with a link to your Student Aid Report if you included a valid email address on your application. If you did not include an email address you will receive a paper Student Aid Report (SAR) with the results. If Suffolk County Community College was included on your application, we will receive those results electronically and you will receive an award or a request for additional information within 2 weeks.
      A new tool, the IRS Data Retrieval tool, allows many applicants to transfer their, or their parents, tax information from the IRS. This helps speed the process for many applicants.
      Suffolk awards over $450,000 a year in scholarships to new and continuing students. A scholarship search is available at, Financial Aid, Sources of Aid, Suffolk Grants and Scholarships.
      Scholarships & Grants
      Assistance is always available in understanding the various financial aid programs and with the application itself. The campus Financial Aid Offices provide individual counseling, group workshops, and scholarship searches. The Financial Aid Computer Lab is also available to help you file your applications electronically.
      There are workshops available at each campus, including General Financial Aid Information, Completing the FAFSA and Completing the FAFSA on the Web, Scholarship Search and Exit Interview Sessions. Contact our office for more details.
      No, your grants and or student loans will first be applied to your bill for tuition and fees and then the balance will be mailed to you directly by the Business Office. You should receive any loan proceeds in the first month of the semester and any remaining grant funds before mid-semester.
      Students who receive a Pell Grant in excess of tuition and fees may utilize a school credit in the campus book store. If a student does not utilize the school credit, a refund will be sent directly to the student. A student can opt out of this credit by notifying the campus Financial Aid Office in writing.
      In order for this to happen, the College must receive an electronic approval from the Department of Education. This happens 1-2 weeks after you complete the following steps: 1. Accept your offered loan on the student portal (, MySCCC). 2. First time borrowers at SCCC must complete Loan Entrance Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note online at Instructions are available on our website. In addition, you must be: 1. in good academic standing and matriculated. 2. enrolled for at least six credits required in your current degree program. If you would like to check your status you may speak to a Financial Aid representative.
      Your awards may change each year due to availability of funds or changes in eligibility criteria, family income, etc.
      Yes, your original awards are based upon your projected enrollment. Changes in actual enrollment, including non-attendance or course drops/withdrawals, may reduce or cancel this aid offer. Also, if you drop/withdraw all courses before the 60% point your aid will be pro-rated based on the Return of Title IV calculation. This means that aid that had already been awarded and disbursed to you may need to be returned.
      No, the federal government requires students to be enrolled for at least 6 credits in their degree program in order to obtain a student loan.
      Yes, you can receive part-time TAP as a disabled student as long as we have sufficient documentation that you are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act. For more information, please check with the Special Services Counselor at your home campus.
      Each semester, your grades will be reviewed to see if you have met the satisfactory progress standards (see Maintaining Eligibility). If you lose your eligibility as a result of extenuating circumstances, you can appeal the decision through a waiver process. Also, if you totally withdraw during the semester, your aid will be proportionally reduced and funds may be returned to the Department of Education.
      Maintaining Eligibility
      Yes, continuing students will receive a renewal reminder email application by the first week in December. Also, you will receive a reminder to file your FAFSA from Suffolk County Community College via email.
      As of 2017-18, the Department of Education requires students to use prior year data. For example, for 2017-18 you will be entering data from your 2015 tax year.
      Verification is the process whereby the Department of Education selects students randomly for colleges to check the validity of a student's FAFSA information. There are currently three verification tracking groups: V1, V4, and V5. If selected you will be asked for additional documents such as a Verification Form and Tax Return Transcripts for you and/or your parent(s). If married, we will need a Tax Return Transcript for you and your spouse.
      In accordance with New York State Public Health Law section 2165, all students matriculated in a degree program who were born on or after January 1, 1957 must provide acceptable written proof of adequate immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella. The Certificate of Immunization outlines the exact requirements.
      Certificate of Immunization
      In order to register for classes, you must show at least partial compliance with immunization requirements, which is defined as one measles, one mumps, and one rubella vaccine. You will then be allowed to register and begin classes, but you must complete your immunization requirements within the first 30 days of the semester or you will be suspended from the college.
      Basically, you have two choices. You can either get re-immunized or you can ask your doctor to do a titer (i.e., blood test) to determine if you have immunity to measles, mumps, or rubella. If any of your blood titer tests are negative, you must get the appropriate immunizations before you can register for classes.
      A student with a permanent (blue) or temporary (red) municipal handicapped parking permit may legally park in any official handicapped parking space at the college. If you have a temporary disability or other medical condition that requires special parking arrangements, contact the Health Services Office on your home campus.
      All medical bills resulting from an accident should be submitted with a completed claim form to AIG. Benefits payable under the Plan are payable on a primary basis; however the company will coordinate benefits with other health insurance coverage when duplicate coverage exists. You can obtain a claim form online:
      Accident Insurance Claim Form
      In accordance with New York State Public Health Law section 2167, all students enrolled at Suffolk County Community College, both matriculated and non-matriculated, are required to acknowledge that they have received information about meningococcal disease and vaccination. Students must indicate, on the Health History and Meningitis Acknowledgement form, either that they have received the meningitis vaccine within the past 10 years or that they have decided not to obtain the meningitis vaccine. All students who have received the vaccine must submit appropriate documentation of the vaccination.
      Students should speak directly with their professor(s) regarding missed assignments and other course responsibilities. The Health Services office does not require a physician's note unless the absence was due to a communicable disease as determined by the New York State Department of Health. In such situations, medical clearance from a physician is required before a student may return to campus. For the safety of the campus community, we request that anyone displaying signs or symptoms of a potentially communicable disease remain off campus and seek care from a health practitioner.
      That depends on you and the number of tests you are required to complete. The Computerized Placement Test (CPT) involves reading, sentence skills, arithmetic and elementary algebra. You work at your own pace. The entire test takes 1.5-2 hours.
      Taking the test will not be a problem. The CPT is user friendly and there is always a person in the testing center to answer questions and provide assistance.
      You must bring photo I.D.. Scrap paper and pencils will be provided. No calculators or dictionaries are allowed.
      Yes, this is an adaptive test. This means that the computer chooses questions for you on the basis of your answers to previous ones. Therefore, you must answer every question when it is first given. You cannot omit a question or return to it later.
      It is important to remember that testing is required because we want you to be successful. In order for this to happen, you must have the skills needed for college level classes; otherwise you may not be able to keep up with the required work. If you are placed into developmental courses such as Reading 098 or 099, English 009 or 010, or Math 001, 006 or 007, you will need to complete each class before moving on to the next one. If you are required to take developmental courses in two or more areas (i.e., English, reading, and/or math), you will only be allowed to take up to 14.5 credits each semester.
      If you do well, you will place out of developmental courses and be able to take all college-level courses. Students who do extremely well are encouraged to apply to the Honors Program or take some Honors courses.
      Your home campus Registrar's Office.
      Enrollment Certification Request Form
      To change your name, address, telephone number, curriculum or Social Security Number, complete the Records Change Form and bring to your campus Registrar's Office.
      Records Change Form
      Course descriptions are available in the College Catalog or Catalog Supplement, or can be found through Programs of Study.
      Course Search
      You are encouraged to discuss your degree requirements with your academic advisor or counselor. After you file the application for graduation, the Central Records Office will conduct a final evaluation of your transcript.
      Graduation Procedures
      Most enrollment and registration related forms are available in the campus Registrar's Office, or can be accessed through one of our kiosks or through the appropriate section of the Registrar's Web site.
      Registrar Services
      Unofficial (student) copies of transcripts are available through MySCCC or at any campus Registrar's Office. For official transcripts: download or submit an official transcript request by accessing the link below. You may also obtain the form at any campus Registrar's Office. Note: A $15 official transcript fee must be paid at the campus Cashier's Office. Please allow four (4) weeks for processing.
      Requesting an Official Transcript
      You should arrange to have official transcripts from prior institutions forwarded to the Central Admissions Office. For an unofficial determination of how your credit might transfer to Suffolk, see the Transfer Evaluations Tables.
      Transfer Evaluations Tables
      Yes. Although you must designate one campus as your home campus, you are free to register and attend classes at any of our three campuses. Credits accumulated at any of our campuses will be reflected on your Suffolk County Community College transcript.

    Sufficient time for travel must be considered when registering for classes on multiple campuses. For example, 40 minutes from Grant and Ammerman or East and Ammerman, and one hour between Grant and East.
      The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act is a federal mandate that insures the privacy of, and your right to inspect, your student records. Additional information is available through the Notice of Student Privacy Rights.
      Notice of Student Privacy Rights
      To officially withdraw from courses, fill out the course withdrawal form below and return it to any campus Registrar's Office. Note: Failure to attend classes or informing the instructor of withdrawal is not an official withdrawal. If withdrawing from all courses and receiving financial aid, you must see a Financial Aid counselor.
      Withdrawal from College
      The college will place a hold on your records and/or registration because of money owed, incomplete immunization records, academic standing or public safety violations. Access View Holds in MySCCC to see your holds and the appropriate office(s) to contact.
      No, the federal government requires students to be enrolled for at least 6 credits in their degree program in order to obtain a student loan.
      New York State limits TAP funds for undergraduate students. Students may only receive TAP for the equivalent of 8 full time semesters. If you use TAP for the summer at a low-cost school like Suffolk, that will reduce your eligibility when and if you transfer on to complete a four-year degree, where your need for financial aid is often greater. At Suffolk you are entitled to 6 full time semesters of TAP aid.
      The first thing to do is talk to your supervisor to see if they need help over the summer and would like you to return. If that is a yes, you can return to that position but first you must have completed the FAFSA. When the information is downloaded to our database, it will be reviewed to determine whether or not you are eligible to work in the summer. If you are eligible, you will receive a letter from us stating that you may begin working. If you haven't heard from us please feel free to come in or call us.
      No, unfortunately. Both of those programs have limited funds so we only process awards for the Fall and Spring semesters.
      No, financial aid can only be used to pay for books in the bookstore during the Fall and Spring semesters. You will be responsible for paying for your own books and supplies for summer session.
      Students who do not meet the federal and/or state academic progress standards will receive a "block" which means they have lost their financial aid eligibility. Often, this block is not posted until after you have been tentatively packaged. You can lose financial aid that was already awarded. In some cases, students may appeal and have the aid reinstated. For details, visit your campus financial aid office.
      Generally speaking, credits from Suffolk are accepted for transfer credit at virtually every accredited four-year college in the United States. However, the specific number of transfer credits you receive will depend on many factors, including whether or not you've completed a degree, whether you were enrolled in a transfer program (i.e., AA or AS) or a career program (i.e., AAS), and, perhaps most importantly, the particular college and program you are planning to transfer into. The only way to be certain is to contact the transfer college, review the transfer guide, and request a transfer evaluation of your specific courses or program from Suffolk.
      Complete the Transcript Request Form online. There is no fee for this service.
      Requesting an Official Transcript
      Absolutely. Completing your degree will usually increase your chances of being accepted to your program of choice at your preferred four-year college. Also, it often means that you will be able to receive credit for satisfying all freshman and sophomore core requirements while maximizing transfer credits in other ways as well. For example, courses with a grade of D will generally be accepted for transfer credit only if they are part of a completed degree program. Finally, completing your degree will give you a sense of closure and accomplishment for your hard work at Suffolk while enhancing your eligibility for job opportunities and transfer scholarships.
      Most of this information is available in application guidebooks or college search guides available at your campus Counseling Center.