- Submit immunization records to the campus Health Services Office
- Schedule and take the college placement tests (see contact information below). The college website offers information about the College Placement Test (CPT) for prospective students. Refer to: Placement Testing.
- Applicants enrolling in the Intensive English Program (IEP) need to schedule a placement test with the English as a Second Language office of your home campus upon arrival (see contact information below). Do not schedule to take the College Placement Test.
- Meet with an academic counselor to select your courses to prepare to register.
- Register for full-time course of study (a minimum of 12 credits must be completed each semester or a certified full-time language program).
- Pay your tuition and fees.
- Obtain a student ID card.
- Attend a College general orientation program. The orientation has been set up to familiarize you with Suffolk County Community College.
- Buy your textbooks at the bookstore.
- Attend the MANDATORY International Student Orientation.
The mandatory F-1 Student Orientation is not the same as the College Orientation.
The International Student Office will contact you regarding the F-1 Student Orientation.
F-1 transfer students must obtain and sign a new I-20 within 15 days of beginning attendance.
International Student Office
Ammerman Campus: Phone: (631) 451-4773
Fax: (631) 451-4708
College Placement Testing
Ammerman Campus: Phone: (631) 451-4052
Eastern Campus: (631) 548-2500
Michael J. Grant Campus: (631) 851-6244
Ammerman Campus: Phone: (631) 451-4859
Eastern Campus: (631) 548-2645
Michael J. Grant Campus: (631) 851-6519