Suffolk County Community College AcademicWorks Scholarships FAQs
Scholarships listed in AcademicWorks are through the efforts of Suffolk Community College Foundation and administered by Student Affairs provide an array of scholarship opportunities provided by alumni, parents, friends, employees, and academic departments, as well as generous leaders of corporations and foundations, who believe deserving students should have a quality education with limited financial burden.
Suffolk County Community College’s scholarships listed in AcademicWorks have varied criteria, please carefully review the scholarship requirements to determine if you should submit an application.
Please adhere to the following procedures to ensure your scholarship application is properly completed:
- Complete general information (initial page of the online application)
- Select whether you are a new or continuing student
- Adhere to essay topic(s) and length
- Adhere to criteria listed for each scholarship
- Request letters of recommendation if required
- Read disclosure form
- Signature is required
Any AcademicWorks application submitted with incomplete information will not be considered or reviewed.
Important - Students must be in good academic standing to receive awarded scholarships.
- Students who never attended Suffolk County Community College.
- Students previously enrolled in the Excelsior Program or the Early College Program.
- Transfer students if they never attended Suffolk County Community College.
- Continuing students are students who are currently enrolled at the College or were previously enrolled at Suffolk County Community College.
- A student may apply for as many scholarships for which they meet the stated scholarship criteria.
- International students are eligible for scholarships if they meet all of the specified scholarship criteria.
- Financial need is determined by the submission and results of a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application, which must be submitted and processed by the Financial Aid Office prior to the submission of your AcademicWorks scholarship application.
- Scholarship recipients will receive an email notification through your College email account, be sure to check your College email. You can track the status of the scholarship to which you applied in the AcademicWorks system.