Empire State Diversity Honors Scholarship
Awarded to: Full-time or Part-time New Students: varies from $200 to full tuition
- Student will make a contribution to the diversity of the student body in their program, primarily by overcoming a disadvantage or other impediment to success in higher education. Financial need and economic disadvantage is a diversity indicator. Other indicators include physical or other disability, first generation college student status and non-English speaking background, and membership in a racial/ethnic group that is under-represented in the program or school.
- High School average of 80 or better.
- 200-word essay explaining education and career goals.
- Must file for financial aid.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident aliens and must be a N.Y.S. resident.
Renewal: Full-time or Part-time scholarships are renewable up to three additional semesters; provided the student maintains a cumulative average of 3.0.
Deadline: April 26, 2019
Application should be submitted to:
Office of Enrollment Management
533 College Road, NFL Building, Room 120
Selden, NY 11784-2899