The Application is Now Closed
The State University of New York (SUNY) Pathways to Scholar Award is worth up to $1,500 for each recipient!
The State University of New York (SUNY) Pathways Scholars Award program helps high-performing students committed to completing their associate and bachelor’s degrees at SUNY institutions in two and four years, respectively.
Pathways Scholars will receive a total of $500 to use for non-tuition related expenses during their first year: a $250 stipend at the start of semester one and, if they remain in good standing, an additional $250 stipend at the start of semester two. Upon completion of their associate degree and enrollment in a SUNY bachelor’s degree program, Pathways Scholars will receive an additional $1,000 stipend.
In addition to this financial stipend, participants will receive academic counseling, career guidance, and a network of wrap-around support programs to keep them on the pathway to success.
To Qualify, Students Must:
- Have graduated from a high school in New York in 2020 with an average of at least 80.
- Enroll for the first time as a full-time student in an associate degree program at a SUNY community college
SUNY Pathways Scholars will:
- Sign a Pathways Pledge to commit to degree completion in two years, and indicate intent to pursue a bachelor’s degree at a SUNY college
- Participate actively in advising services
- Agree to take advantage of support services when needed
- Forfeit remaining funding if not meeting program expectations
For more details about this program, please contact Prof. Thomas Law at firstname.lastname@example.org.