Upon successful completion of the Dietetic Technician / A.A.S. Degree program, graduates will be able to:
Last Updated: 12/7/18
- Communicate clearly and professionally as a Dietetic Technician, Registered in written and oral formats;
- Apply their understanding of physical and biological sciences as they related to human health and nutrition;
- Prepare nutrition care plans and provide counseling to clients from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and at each stage of the lifecycle;
- Apply knowledge of food safety and sanitation, menu planning, procurement, inventory and quality control in the food service organization;
- Model professional skills and behaviors, including ethical practice, a strong commitment to research and lifelong learning, and collaborating well with others; and;
- Employ principles of management including planning, implementation and evaluation.