Upon successful completion of the Fire Protection Technology / A.A.S Degree program, graduates will be able to:
Last Updated: 12/12/17
- Identify, analyze and describe the relationship between a building's construction and the application of fire science.
- Describe and document the operation of fire suppression systems.
- Identify, describe and document the professional process for handling hazardous materials.
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze, solve, and communicate solutions to problems associated with hydraulic systems that are used in fire suppression.
- Analyze and apply industrial safety standards set forth by government oversight agencies including, but not limited to, the Occupational Safety Hazard Administration (OSHA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).