Upon successful completion of the Health Information Technology / Medical Records / A.A.S. Degree program, graduates will be able to:
Last Updated: 10/17/19
- Demonstrate the entry-level competencies of the field of Health Information Management.
- Apply the use of common software applications (e.g., spreadsheets, databases, word processing, graphics, presentation, etc.).
- Achieve a pass rate on the national qualifying examination for certification as a Registered Health Information Technician.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication as appropriate to health information management practices.
- Demonstrate decision making skills as it relates to HIM-related software applications (e.g., release of information, electronic health record, patient record abstracting, etc.).