Upon successful completion of the Liberal Arts and Sciences: Mathematics Emphasis / A.A. Degree program, graduates will be able to:
Last Updated: 12/12/17
- Demonstrate high-level numerical and algebraic computational skills;
- Present both algebraic and geometric solutions using a variety of techniques;
- Define, explain and apply the mathematical concepts of function, linearity, approximation and dimension;
- Accurately translate mathematics into words, and vice versa, and solve real-world problems;
- Demonstrate an understanding of logical reasoning, generalization, abstraction and formal proof and;
- Effectively communicate mathematics both orally and in writing.