Upon successful completion of the Liberal Arts and Sciences: Women's and Gender Studies Emphasis / A.A. Degree program, graduates will be able to:
Last Updated: 12/12/17
- Identify and describe the values, tenets, and actions to be taken to advocate for change of current gender roles and equality of gender identities.
- Analyze and explain the history and impact of gender role conceptions in the United States and other cultures.
- Identify and explain the historical and contemporary contributions women have made to society, politics, science, art, and other areas.
- Identify the indicators for and describe the mechanisms of oppression and discrimination of women.
- Analyze and describe the relationship between mechanisms of oppression/discrimination based on gender and other aspects of identity including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, class, socioeconomic status and sexuality.
- Accurately apply the resources provided by interdisciplinary feminist scholarship and the use of critical thinking skills.