Upon successful completion of the Manufacturing Technology / A.A.S Degree program, graduates will be able to:
Last Updated: 12/12/17
- Demonstrate competency in manufacturing/manufacturing-engineering-technology skills.
- Communicate clearly through written and oral expression of the elements of a manufacturing/manufacturing engineering technology project.
- Demonstrate problem-solving ability to analyze, interpret, and design elements found in manufacturing/manufacturing-engineering-technology applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry-standard machines and tools necessary for successful professional practice.
- Describe the roles of various machining positions related to the manufacturing floor.
- Understand, implement, and describe the various techniques used to create a product from conception to completion.
- Develop foundational knowledge of terms, processes, and equipment related to manufacturing.
- Apply critical-thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills to the production of a manufactured product.
- Develop time-management skills for creating and delivering a final product.
- Comprehend and implement OSHA safety standards.
- Demonstrate skills with CAD (Computer Aided Design) software and other design software, such as Solid Works and Master CAM.
- Implement and comprehend Lean Manufacturing concepts.