Upon successful completion of the Music / A.S. Degree program, graduates will be able to:
Last Updated: 12/12/17
- Identify, analyze and interpret musical compositions in the tradition of Western musical practices;
- Sight-sing an unknown composition through the use of solfeggio; transcribe music in real time;
- Sight-read and perform a music composition on the piano using correct fingering and musical articulations;
- Demonstrate appropriate skills of a musician in ensemble rehearsal and performance forums;
- Perform in a public forum as a soloist;
- Identify and explain the historical importance and contribution of musical and social events from the Middle Ages to the present.