Upon successful completion of the Emergency Medical Technician: Paramedic / A.A.S. Degree program, graduates will be able to:
Last Updated: 12/12/17
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend, apply, and evaluate the clinical information relative to the role as an entry level paramedic in New York State.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in all skills necessary to fulfill the role of an entry level paramedic in New York State.
- Perform an appropriate assessment plan for patients with common complaints in accordance with the New York State Department of Health Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration EMT- Paramedic curriculum.
- Integrate the principles of patient assessment and patient management.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and a commitment to personal growth and continual improvement consistent with professional and employer expectations for a paramedic in New York State.