In alignment with the published Middle States Self-Study timeline, the College Middle States Steering Committee is pleased to present the college community with the 2017-2018 Self-Study Report. The Self-Study Report provides our accrediting body with evidence of Suffolk County Community College institutional compliance with the seven Middle States Standards:
- Mission and Goals
- Ethics and Integrity
- Design and Delivery of the Student Learning Experience
- Support of the Student Experience
- Educational Effectiveness Assessment
- Planning, Resources, and Institutional Improvement
- Governance, Leadership and Administration
In addition, the report summarizes our strengths in each area and provides recommendations that further enhance the institution. The intended outcomes of the self-study include:
- Demonstrate that the College meets or exceeds expectations of compliance with MSCHE's seven standards for accreditation and requirements of affiliation.
- Evaluate the College progress in achieving our six institutional goals in relation to the overall strategic plan.
- Demonstrate our advancement in enhancing and maintaining a culture of ongoing assessment of student achievement and institutional and educational effectiveness, student support programs, and planning and effective resource allocation, and the use of assessments in decision making.
The report is the result of the 2½-year-long work of the Self-Study working groups and writing committee. This document is the culmination of extraordinary efforts made by over one hundred individuals, including the Middle States Steering Committee, the working groups assigned to examine the specific standards, and members of the faculty, administration, and student body. We would like to extend sincere thanks to all who contributed their invaluable time, effort, and expertise in bringing this important project to fruition.Self-Study