For Immediate Release
February 19, 2019
Suffolk's Eastern Campus Faculty Art Exhibit March 9 – April 14
Compelling works created by 11 Suffolk County Community College Eastern Campus art
faculty members will be on exhibit beginning March 9 and continuing through April
14, 2019 at the campus’ Lyceum Gallery in Riverhead.
• Professor John Stefanik of Sag Harbor, who teaches 2D Design and History of Photography, shows his black and white photographs of Long Island’s east end
• Professor Beth Giles of North Haven, who teaches Drawing and Art Appreciation, exhibits handmade paper reliefs
• Professor Meredith Starr of Plainview, who teaches Drawing and 2D Design, shows mixed media works
• Professor Margery Gosnell-Qua of Remsenburg, who teaches Drawing and Art Appreciation, shows oil paintings, watercolors, and collages
• Professor Ralph Masullo, who teaches Photography, exhibits black and white photographs of city life
• Professor Chris Vivas of Patchogue, who teaches 3D Design, presents ceramic sculptures
• Professor Al Feit of Riverhead who teaches 2 D Design and Drawing; oil and graphite works on canvas
• Instructor Laura Helen Sweeney of Southold, who teaches 2D Design, with show mixed media works on wood panel
• Instructor Rachel Dove of Sea Cliff, who teaches Color Theory, shows flour resist dye on canvas works
• Professor Kathryn Odell-Hamilton of Hampton Bays, who teaches Color Theory and Adobe Photoshop, exhibits color photography
• Principal Library Clerk Jeannette Fischer of Center Moriches, exhibits oil paintings on canvas.
An artists’ reception open to the general public is scheduled for Wednesday, March
13, from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
Gallery hours are Monday - Thursday from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Friday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m., and Sunday from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (exceptions: the gallery is open 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. from March 25-29 and closed on March 30, 31. The gallery will be closed on March 12.
For more information call 631-548-2536.