Become an I-SUCCESS Scholar
NSF STEM scholarships serve students who are enrolled in a degree program in one of the following disciplines:
- Biological sciences (except medicine and other clinical fields)
- Physical sciences: chemistry, physics, astronomy, geology, and meteorology
- Computer and information sciences
- Technology areas associated with the preceding fields (for example, biotechnology, chemical technology, engineering technology, information technology, etc.)
Students can be full-time or part-time (taking at least 6cr/semester). Entering students must have at least an 80 high school average. Continuing students need a GPA of 2.7 or above. In order to receive the scholarship students must demonstrate financial need based on Pell eligibility and/or documented family income less than or equal to 50% of the median regional HUD fair market rent/income limits, and be citizens of the United States, nationals, permanent residents, or refugees.
Accepted students are expected to actively participate in I-SUCCESS programs and are welcomed at all extracurricular I-SUCCESS workshops and seminars.
All applicants are required to complete the online I-SUCCESS application. In addition, applicants must provide a short essay and one (1) letters of recommendation, and complete the online FASFA application.
- Application Essay: Please include a brief essay in which you describe why you are applying for the NSF-I-SUCCESS program. Your essay should show evidence of dedication to academic excellence, your interest and enthusiasm for your chosen field of study, your post-graduation plans, and your career goals.
- Letters of Recommendation: Please include one letter of recommendation; which must be from a professor, teacher, or guidance counselor who can speak to your commitment to your chosen major.
- Free Application for Student Federal Aid: Apply Online for FAFSA
For more information contact one of the I-SUCCESS program leaders: