The Office for Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (OPIE) strives to provide
institutional data in a timely manner. To help us maintain an accurate record of
incoming data, and to ensure these requests are assigned to the appropriate OPIE team
member, please use the following link to submit a data request.
Once the request has been approved by the appropriate Department Chairperson or supervisor,
a representative from OPIE will be in contact with you to further discuss the request.
Please allow at least two weeks, excluding weekends and holidays, for data requests
to be completed.
Please feel free to e-mail email@example.com or call (631) 451-4213, if you have any questions or need assistance prior to submitting
To use the ticketing system, you will need your Suffolk County Community College username
Below is a list of the types of data and reports frequently requested of OPIE
Internal Reports, Surveys, and Training Sessions
- Academic Assessment: requests for assistance with one of the outlined areas:
- Course Learning Outcomes
- General Education
- Program Learning Outcomes
- Achieving the Dream (AtD): data requests to assist with decision-making related to College-wide AtD meetings
and campus-based initiatives.
- Administrative Assessment: assistance with AES Unit Review.
- College-wide and Departmental: requests for departmental or institutional data. Requests in this category may include
student demographic data, course data, headcounts, etc.
- Data Package: request for a data package associated with the academic Program Review process.
- Enrollment Report: request for enrollment reports.
- Focus Groups: request for Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness to conduct a focus
group or provide focus group training.
- Survey Research: assistance with developing and distributing internal surveys related to course evaluations,
new student evaluations, etc.
- S.W.O.T Analysis: request for Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness to conduct a S.W.O.T.
External Data and Reports
- Accreditation: data requests associated with programmatic accreditation activities.
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Military Friendly School Surveys
- SUNY: data for institutional reports submitted to SUNY. Requests within this category
may include: the Annual Report, EOP, CTEA-1 and 2 reports, IPEDS, financial aid reports,