The Division of Student Affairs promotes learning through quality programs and services that empower individuals to realize their educational goals in accordance with the mission of the college.
Goals and Outcomes
Goal 1: To foster a college climate that supports the blending and interaction of
people from different cultures
- Through educational programs students will be exposed to cultural and intercultural awareness. (Support Outcome)
- Through intentional interactions students will identify their own sense of empowerment by raising awareness, examining their assumptions, and constructing a social justice paradigm. (Learning Outcome)
- Through purposeful experiences students will deconstruct their attitudes about race and culture. (Learning Outcome)
Goal 2: To cultivate cultural awareness and appreciation of diversity in the community.
- Identify cooperative partners to support the cultural sensitivity and awareness and of the faculty and staff. (Support Outcome)
- Build collaborative relationships with external communities to encourage communication about cultural experiences. (Support Outcome)