How to Obtain Disability Services

Students who need accommodations must submit written documentation of their disability to their home campus’ Office of Disability Services as soon as they are accepted to the College. This will allow the College sufficient time to make arrangements for accommodations and services before students take placement tests and before the start of classes.

The paperwork submitted must include supporting documentation from a physician, appropriate health care provider, or school- on appropriate letterhead and including the signature of the provider. Where appropriate, proof can also be provided by a rehabilitation agency such as Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR). Please note that proof from a school district must include the most recent psychoeducational report and the most current Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan.

All documentation should include the following information:

  • Name or type of disability (i.e., diagnosis)
  • The limitations caused by the disability
  • The barriers or problems the student may have in a college setting
  • Recommendations of the services or accommodations the student will need while in college

The College generally requires all written proof of a disability be current. However, the College will accept test results and other documentation if the disability is not likely to substantially change over time. Students required to submit additional documentation may receive accommodations on a temporary basis if they can show that services were provided in the past. Accommodations will be considered on a case by case basis, however accommodations may be denied if no previous history exists or if the documentation does not support the request.