All parking permits must be placed on the lower right-hand side of the windshield
in a location that is clearly visible from the outside.
General Information | Error Messages | Traffic & Parking Regulations | Successful Permit Registration - Display | Email Contact
To register your vehicle, see the Vehicle Registration link in your MySCCC portal.
Students taking credit courses who have paid their registration fee can renew their
previous permit or register their vehicle and obtain a parking permit through their
MySCCC Portal. Non-Credit ESL and GED students can obtain their permit on campus. Faculty, Staff
and Administrators can register and obtain parking permits through their MySCCC Portal Account
- Students Taking Credit Classes: The vehicle registration application link appears in the MySCCC Quick Links Channel on the tab in the portal.
Or in the Vehicle Registration channel on your tab
If you have paid the annual registration fee with your semester bill, you will be
able to renew your previous permit or register your vehicle. First, confirm your home
address. Then, click on the "Renew Permit" button or enter your vehicle information
and hit "Submit". Your new permit will be mailed to the home address you previously
- Non-Credit ESL and GED Students: For Students taking non-credit ESL or GED classes, parking permits must be obtained
on campus. Information will be provided by your program coordinator.
- Faculty, Staff and Administration: The vehicle registration application link appears in the "vehicle Registration Channel
under the tab in the MySCCC portal.
Successful Permit Registration - Display:
Upon successful completion of the registration process you should see a screen similar
to the one below. If you were not able to complete the process successfully, see the
section on Error Messages for a instructions on how to proceed.
The parking permit system is a vendor hosted application. Below is an explanation
of error messages returned from the system and information on how to proceed should
you experience any of these:
- "Vehicle Registration is not available!" (Students Only) - The message, "Vehicle Registration is not available!", will display if you have
not paid the annual registration fee. This fee normally appears as part of your semester
Should the link not appear after paying your semester bill, check to see that you
were charged the vehicle registration fee. If you were not charged the fee and you
need a parking permit, you must go to your campus Cashier's Office to have the charge
- "System Temporarily Unavailable" - This is the normal message that indicates that the registration system is off-line.
Normally, the vehicle registration system is available whenever MySCCC is open. However,
the system is a vendor hosted application and may be down periodically for maintenance
or connection issues. Should you see this message. Try again your request at another
- "Error 500" Or "An Error has Occurred Please Retry this Transaction" - This normally indicates that the transaction submitted to the server has failed.
If you continue to receive this message, it indicates that the update application
is out of service and you should try your request at another time. A system outage
message will often be posted informing the community of this condition and providing
information when services have been restored.
- "ID not found" Or "No Addressed Registered" (listed under the "Name and Address" column - This is an indication that a problem occurred during the address confirmation phase
of the registration process. Click on the "Register Address" button and then proceed
to "Add Vehicle" followed by "Register Permit."
- "No Permit Issued" - Parking Permit information is listed in the center of the Vehicle Registration
page. For normal transactions, this will identify the type of permit issued and the
permit ID. See Successful Permit Registration - Display at the bottom of this page. If the statement, "No Permit Issued", appears there,
an error occurred during the permit registration process. After you have registered
all your vehicles, click on the "Register Permit" button.
- No "Confirm Address" Button Or "State Code Not Recognized" Error Message The first phase of the vehicle registration process is to confirm your home address.
This is necessary as your parking permit will be sent home. If you do not see a "Confirm
Address" button or receive a message that your "State Code is not Recognized", there
is probably an error in the home address listed in your student or HR record. For
example, the state code may be listed as N.Y. as opposed to NY. Contact your campus
Register's Office or Human Resources to have your address corrected. Once your addresses
is updated, you can proceed to complete the registration process.
- License Plate is invalid! Please enter only the letters and numbers in the License
Plate number - As indicated in the error message, the system does not take spaces or a "-" in
the license plate field. Plate information must be entered using the plate's letters
Permit System Contact:
If you are having an issue not identified above or have other questions about the
system, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org